- Acquired Brain Injury An introduction for people new to brain injury
- What is acquired brain injury? Understanding the essence of acquired brain injury
- Causes of acquired brain injury The many possible causes of brain injury
- Injury, effects and impacts Injuries to the brain have effects in the brain that lead to impacts in people's lives
- Rehabilitation The rehabilitation process from injury to living in the community
- People with ABI People's experiences of having acquired brain injury
- Attendant care challenges Challenges for people with brain injury getting attendant care
5. Gabrielle (11 mins)
Eight video stories of people with ABI
There are 8 video stories. They range in viewing time from 3 minutes to 11 minutes. Each is a stand alone short story.
About two and a half years ago Gabrielle went to a beach party and then back to her friend's unit. She fell over a balcony railing onto a concrete garage roof four floors below. She was in a Brain Injury Unit for about 7 months. She is 18, living at home and finishing Year 12.