- Getting attendant care right What to look for . . .
- Good attendant care
- Getting the right service provider
- What good attendant care
- From an attendant care worker's perspective
- Professional workers
- Person centred
- In families
- Culturally appropriate
- Monitoring, reviewing
- Solving problems and
- Service provider systems
- Foundational principles, standards &
competencies for attendant care
Getting attendant care right
Getting attendant care right requires knowing:
What good attendant care is.
What it looks like on the ground in day to day experience. . .
What it's built on: Principles, standards & competencies
Some of the key ingredients include:
- Workers and services keeping you at the centre of planning and delivery of services
- Workers and services working with you to achieve goals to increase and/or maintain independence.
- Maintaining professional boundaries between you and your family and the workers.
- Culturally appropriate services.
Alana had a serious accident aged 14.
She has a brain injury. Her mother visited her daily.
After hospital she went home with attendant care.
Alana aged 19.
She is now studying and working.