- Acquired Brain Injury An introduction for people new to brain injury
- What is acquired brain injury? Understanding the essence of acquired brain injury
- Causes of acquired brain injury The many possible causes of brain injury
- Injury, effects and impacts Injuries to the brain have effects in the brain that lead to impacts in people's lives
- Rehabilitation The rehabilitation process from injury to living in the community
- People with ABI People's experiences of having acquired brain injury
- Attendant care challenges Challenges for people with brain injury getting attendant care
1. Jonathan (11 mins)
Eight video stories of people with ABI
There are 8 video stories. They range in viewing time from 3 minutes to 11 minutes. Each is a stand alone short story.
1. Jonathan (11mins)
5. Gabrielle (11 mins)
Jonathan was hit by a car when he was 12 years old. He had a severe traumatic brain injury. At the time of the injury he had a very poor prognosis -unlikely to regain any previous function. He had extensive rehabilitation. He is now in his mid 20's living with his family. He is learning to drive and has several part time jobs.