- Acquired Brain Injury An introduction for people new to brain injury
- What is acquired brain injury? Understanding the essence of acquired brain injury
- Causes of acquired brain injury The many possible causes of brain injury
- Injury, effects and impacts Injuries to the brain have effects in the brain that lead to impacts in people's lives
- Rehabilitation The rehabilitation process from injury to living in the community
- People with ABI People's experiences of having acquired brain injury
- Attendant care challenges Challenges for people with brain injury getting attendant care
2. Ian (9 mins)
Eight video stories of people with ABI
There are 8 video stories. They range in viewing time from 3 minutes to 11 minutes. Each is a stand alone short story.
Ian was an electrician. He has two children. He had a stroke while at work about 20 years ago. He is now in his 50s'. He has spasticity down the right side of his body and memory and speech problems. He now lives by himself in supported accommodation. His parents are also an important support.